Monday, December 16, 2013

I Bet That Just Killed You

I have been doing a little holiday baking recently.

I know.

Every year, I tell you that I don't like to bake, but then I share a recipe for some delectably sweet baked good.

I am a conundrum.

But, here is the twist, one of the treats I find myself whipping up most every Christmas isn't actually baked. There is no oven involved in the recipe for Peanut Butter Bon Bons.  It came from my mother sometime in the early 80s, and I suppose you could call it semi-homemade because one of the ingredients is a tub of ready-to-spread vanilla frosting. When I recently shared that secret with a friend, she exclaimed, "I bet that just killed you."

Um...not.

I have no problem with taking a short cut here and there in the kitchen, as long as the end result is good. And believe me, Peanut Butter Bon Bons are good. So good that I can't imagine a Christmas without Peanut Butter Bon Bons On My Plate.



1 can ready-to-spread vanilla frosting
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter (I use unsalted.)
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (If I am crushing my own, I assume 1 package is 1 cup and do 2 in my food processor.) 
Chocolate candy coating for dipping
Candy decorations, if desired

Cream together frosting, peanut butter and butter until well combined.
Gradually add in graham crackers until fully mixed.
Using a small cookie scoop, portion the peanut butter/graham cracker mixture into 1-inch balls.
Roll the portions into 1-inch balls.
Chill for at least 1 hour or up to a day or 2.
Dip in melted chocolate candy coating.

Allow to dry on waxed paper for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails