Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Magical Fruit

Yep. I am married to a 12 year old boy. He has never matured past potty humor. I can't serve any meal or recipe that includes beans without hearing the chant of, "Beans, Beans, the magical fruit. The more you eat, the more your toot. The more you toot, the better you feel. So let's eat beans for every meal!" He is hopeless.

However, White Bean Dip is not hopeless. It is simple, filling, full of fiber, and down right delicious. I gobble it up with flat bread, pita chips, fresh veggies, and smeared on whole grain toast. It is hearty enough to be lunch even on the busiest day, and easy enough to prepare that I don't have to think twice about it whipping it up for a quick snack. I will pull the magical fruit On My Plate with White Bean Dip any day.



White Bean Dip
1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 teaspoon olive oil
1-2 cloves garlic
kosher salt, to taste
Place all ingredients in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with blade and process until smooth.

2 comments:

  1. Having married one myself, I am familiar with the "magical fruit" songs when I prepare beans too ;)
    I like the dip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make this a lot. Fav. of me and my friends.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails