Friday, June 18, 2010

Fridge Friday, Episode 7

It is Friday, and guess what? Some of you have been brave enough to play along with me. You have shared photos of your fridges, and I LOVE IT!



I was totally shocked and honored when Jeanne at Jeanne Eats World posted her own Fridge Friday. How awesome is that? And, how great do steak quesadillas sound...on a brick patio...with s'mores made from homemade marshmallows and graham crackers for dessert? I don't know about you, but I think that I want to take up residence in Jeanne's fridge.

So...do you feel like a voyeur now? Peeking into everyone's fridge with curious hunger? Let me continue to feed your inquisitiveness. Here's a look at my Fridge Friday.


This might be the first week since the start of Fridge Friday that I actually had a meal plan in mind before I opened the fridge to get the photo. Notice that Ziplock bag of meaty goodness on the bottom shelf? Those are ribeye steaks. We are going to grill tonight. I can smell the smoldering charcoal already. I.Can't.Wait. But, my meal doesn't stop with the perfectly grilled rare steaks, seared on one side and flipped to the other over the red, hot coals. See those mushrooms on the second shelf? They are going to accompany those awesome hunks of beef.


Most of my holiday appetizer parties include a pan of Sauteed Herbed Mushrooms. The guests inhale these buttery, seasoned morsels. (Do I say that about every recipe I share? Really? I am sorry, but THEY DO. I guess that is why I know it is a recipe worth sharing.) Tonight, these mushrooms won't be an appetizer, but a side dish. They are so easy to prepare. If you can melt butter, you can make these. Seriously, it is more work to clean the mushrooms than it is to prepare Sauteed Herbed Mushrooms. But, don't let their simplicity fool you. They are delicious. Truly. Paired with a flawlessly grilled steak, they are heaven. I am going to toss up a spinach salad, grill some steaks, and whip up some Sauteed Herbed Mushrooms On My Plate this Fridge Friday



2 lb fresh mushrooms
(I use a mix of cremini and button, but whatever you have is OK.)
8 tablespoons butter
1 envelope (0.7 ounces) Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley

Clean the mushrooms by wiping with a damp cloth (never put mushrooms under running water...they are sponges).
Halve or quarter any larger mushrooms. Leave smaller ones whole.
Saute cleaned mushrooms in melted butter for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with the envelope of dressing mix. 
Stir to coat all mushrooms.
Simmer covered for about 5-10 minutes (do not boil). Stir occasionally. 
Add the parsley.
Serve with toothpicks as an appetizer or as a side dish with your favorite meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails