Friday, April 18, 2014

New Traditions Are Rising

Do you have your Easter dinner menu planned and ready to roll this weekend? Making a big baked ham? Roasting lamb? Deviled eggs? Asparagus? Hot Cross Buns? Lemon Pie? Strawberry Shortcake?

I don't yet know what will land on our table. It is just Hubs and me. I have a small ham, but don't know if I really want to go with a traditional dinner. We could do brunch with cinnamon rolls and soft-boiled eggs, or spiced pecan waffles and bacon, or pancakes and Heavenly Scrambled Eggs. I picked up some fruit that could be tossed into a salad. Later, in the evening, we could have one of Hubs' favorite meals, pizza. But, that is pretty much every Sunday menu for us; will I feel as if I missed out on a holiday meal? Do I want to make a pan of Chicken and Spinach Cannelloni? or find a small prime rib? or make the Ham and Asparagus Lasagna that I shared at South Dakota Magazine this week? Do I want to rise up to a new tradition for my Easter dinners?

What are you serving this Easter? If, like me, you are still indecisive and trying to plan, go check out the Ham and Asparagus Lasagna. It might be your solution for a new holiday tradition.


Ham and Asparagus Lasagna at South Dakota Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails