Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Super Bowl

To me, this is a SUPER BOWL.


I used it to make Spinach con Queso dip...which is something you might like to snack on while watching...I don't know...maybe, football?



1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta (pasteurized processed cheese product - I include this so that the food snobs know that I know it isn't really cheese, but I include this note so that they know that I don't care...this time.)
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, hot or mild - your choice
1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and drained WELL
1/2 - 3/4 cup sour cream

Cube the Velveeta into 1/2-inch portions.
Make sure the spinach is thoroughly drained. (I first squeeze in a colander and then place in a clean kitchen towel and wring the heck out of it.)
In a large, microwave-safe bowl, combine the Velveeta cubes, salsa (I use a pint of my home-canned Basic Salsa, but use your favorite. The ones available with black beans and corn would add interesting dimension.), and spinach.
Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
Stir to combine the melty cheese with the other ingredients.
Return to the microwave and cook on HIGH for 2 more minutes, and stir again.
Repeat heating in 2 minute increments as needed until cheese is fully melted.
Stir in the sour cream.
Heat again for 1 minute.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips for dipping.

3 comments:

  1. I agree on your super bowl! I want one of those. :) That dip looks awesome. Gotta try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran this is what super bowl is all about! Oooo just don't let me calorie count that day.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love your version of the Super Bowl...and couldn't agree more :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails