Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Whiteout

Last year on the weekend after Thanksgiving, we found ourselves practically buried alive under 3-4 feet of snow with more accumulating faster than we could move it. The winds blew and the temperatures settled well below zero. Drifts were halfway up the side of our 2-story home. Our current weather is evidence that "the land of infinite variety" doesn't just refer to our varied landscapes. The weather man doesn’t think that there is any chance at all of snow for our Thanksgiving holiday this year. Temps are to reach the 60s, and it is supposed to be sunny and bright all weekend. There is no danger of whiteout road conditions for us.

This year my Thanksgiving whiteout is on the walls of my pantry. I settled on white as the proper color to balance with the Ground Marsh and London Fields for the kitchen painting project. I have never painted a white wall in my life, but I like it. I like it a lot, and think that my red Kitchenaid will be a great accent with these vintage-like colors.

I am also having a whiteout on my plate for today’s lunch. White Beans with Olive Oil is a perfect dish to be paired with a salad for lunch, or added as a side to many dinner meals. The lemon is fresh and the beans are a hearty and filling source of energy. Good thing, as I have a ton of work to do to be prepared for serving turkey tomorrow.

White Beans with Olive Oil
3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans rinsed and drained
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients except the parsley.
Gently heat until bubbling.
Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Stir in the parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails