Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sunshine on My Shoulders Makes Me Happy

The sun is shining today...for the second day in a row...after 5 days of constant rain and drizzle and wet and gray and cold and YUCK.  Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy. 'Nuff said.

Something crisp and refreshing to sip as I enjoy this sunny day? Of course. How about a Pomegranate-Honey Cooler? This is basically a wine cooler, but not your syrupy sweet Bartels and Jaymes (rest assured, I had to Google to know how to spell Jaymes properly). Blending dry and slightly lemony Pinot Grigio with the mild and fruity pomegranate juice creates a brisk, fresh drink that is thirst-quenching on a sunny summer's day. Add just enough honey to balance the tartness, but don't go overboard.

Now, please excuse me. I have some sunshine to enjoy with the Pomegranate-Honey Cooler On My Plate (or rather, In My Glass...but that might be another blog).



1 botttle dry white wine (I used Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio)
1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
2-4 tablespoons honey
slices of lemon

Combine wine and juice in a pitcher.
Add honey and stir until dissolved.
Divided among 6 ice-filled glasses.
Garnish with slices of lemon. (Serves 6)

5 comments:

  1. This recipe is in Martha Stewart's magazine. I wonder who had it first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this did come from an issue of Martha Stewart magazine. I usually try to credit where my adaptations of the recipes originated, but somehow in my attempt to keep this post brief, skipped it this time. Thanks for pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a new Pomegranate Cooler recipe on p.73 of the Martha Stewart Living Sept 2010 issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Anonymous. I made an earlier comment regarding my neglect to credit Martha in a rush to make a simple post. I was a bad girl, are you happy now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for this recipe for sometIme, thanx for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails