Friday, January 07, 2011

Fridge Friday; Episode 16


Sweet 16. Sixteen peeks inside my fridge(s)...I haven't taken time to really blog about it, but did you notice that somewhere along the way I finally got the most awesomest fridge of my dreams? I think that I shall celebrate the 16th Fridge Friday with not just a look inside my fridge, but also a look inside my oven. *wide-eyed amusement and sly grin*

OK. It isn't REALLY a look inside my oven, but by the time I peeled a couple sweet potatoes and chopped some of that cauliflower (front and center on the bottom shelf) into florets, and tossed it all with olive oil, salt and pepper, and roasted them to sweet, caramelized excellence, my daylight was gone. No good photo shots were going to happen no matter how close to the windows I plopped the Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Coins. Therefore, I decided to try a food shot done in the oven. I kinda like glow from the oven light; don't you? *insert sappy kissed-with-oven-light sweet 16 pun*

I more than kinda like Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Coins (although, truth be told, the sweet potatoes are my favorite part...and Hubs' favorite is the cauliflower...it is the PERFECT side dish for us). Tonight, this will be along side some pretty darn good thrown-together Sloppy Joes. (Chile Garlic Sauce is the secret ingredient, and they would be a most excellent Fridge Friday post, if I had a recipe.) But, I have also paired these amazing vegetables with roasted chicken, stuffed pork chops, meatloaf, and just about anything else that has landed On My Plate.  


(adapted from Everyday Food)

1 or 2 sweet potatoes
1/2 head of cauliflower (more or less)
2 tablespoons olive oil
kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Peel the sweet potatoes and slice into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
Cut the cauliflower into florets.
On a rimmed baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes and cauliflower with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Roast until cooked through and browned on one side, about 25 minutes. (Serves 4.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails