Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So Hott!

Kid Rock kicks off that catchy little tune with some very erotic grunting in the intro. It sets the tone for the song and gets your (or at least my) blood pumping.

I did my own grunting today. I made my first Tomato Sandwich of the year. While I have had bowls and bowls full of juicy, sweet cherry tomatoes, the bigger, beautiful round glories have been stubborn with their ripening. Finally, I have some red, gorgeous, flavorful garden tomatoes to slice and eat. I am in heaven. Pig grunting, so hott, heaven.

I am sure that everyone has their favorite tomato sandwich. The BLT is famous. Adding avocado makes it all rich and creamy. Mayo or butter, salt and pepper, or not, veggies, or just the tomatoes being the star, I salivate as I layer my ingredients. I don't know that I ever make the exact same sandwich twice. It varies based on what I have on hand or my mood. Always, I must sop up the juices that seep from the tomatoes with every bite into the delectable sandwiches. And, today, my first bite elicited grunting, animalistic, carnal grunting, at the beauty of a simple sandwich. Garden fresh Tomato Sandwiches are So Hott! On My Plate.

So Hott! Tomato Sandwich

2 slices sourdough bread
1 medium vine ripe tomato
fresh cold iceberg lettuce
dill pickle slices
Colby-Jack cheese
mayonnaise
salt and pepper

Toast bread.
Spread both slices of bread with mayonnaise.
Slice tomato and put two or three slices on one side of the bread; then layer on the lettuce and pickles.
Add the slice of cheese and top with the other slice of bread.


So tell me...What's YOUR favorite Tomato Sandwich? What makes you grunt with pleasure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails