Sunday, February 19, 2012

Soup for the Soul

Our weather has been so mild this winter. The days of unseasonably warm far outnumber the days of bitter cold. However, I think the weather man is forecasting the possibility of snow tomorrow. Perhaps you might like a bowl of the warm and comforting soup that I shared at South Dakota Magazine this past week.

Vegetable, Lentil, and Barley Soup isn't a pretty soup, but it is hearty and the mix of grains, vegetables and beer (yes, beer!) offers a complex flavor. I recently heard Ina Garten refer to lentils as pleasing peasant food. If this is how peasants eat, sign me up. It is delicious.


While you are visiting the South Dakota Magazine site, check out the Snowy Owl Photo Gallery. Readers submitted photos of the owls spotted across the state. Gorgeous.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a recent fan of lentil soup! And I love that you can basically store the lentils nearly forever, til that chilly day that you want to make them. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails