Monday, March 29, 2010

Feeling the Crunch

I have been absent once again as so much of life took over all of my time. I had great intentions to get back here and keep you updated, but as any of you that have been following this blog for awhile know, my good intentions often go by the wayside.

But, here I am. Back. Not sure where to begin, but so pleased with the Blueberry Cinnamon Crunch Muffins that I made yesterday. You see, it was 4am on Sunday morning, and I couldn't sleep. I tried. I really did, but eventually just gave up on the tossing and turning and got out of bed. Then, what should I do with myself? Why not make breakfast?

I am so NOT a morning person. Our breakfasts often are served for brunch, lunch, or dinner. But, yesterday, something overcame me in the darkness of early morning, and I put the KitchenAid to use to whip up some amazing muffins. The recipe might seem odd with so much baking powder, but the muffin's light, fluffiness punctuated with bits of cinnamon crumble and blueberries is just absolute perfection. Nom. Nom. Nom.

I might be enticed to get up early again for Blueberry Cinnamon Crunch Muffins On My Plate.


Blueberry Cinnamon Crunch Muffins

1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh)
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
5 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk

Cinnamon Crunch:
Combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
Cut-in 3 tablespoons butter until well mixed.
Stir in blueberries.

Batter:
Preheat oven to 400°F.

Cream together 1 cup sugar and 1/3 cup butter.

Beat in eggs.

Combine 2 1/2 cups flour, 5 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoons salt.
Add flour mixture and milk alternately to butter mixture.

Fold in blueberry mixture.

Spoon batter into 18 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.

Bake for 18 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly touched in center.
Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
(18 muffins)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails