Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Expecting Guests

Company is coming. I busted my butt to clean all of the nooks and crannies that might normally go overlooked. (Or, at least I tried. This is a 100 year old house, and nothing short of a miracle will ever make it spotless.) I showered, dressed, and even made my bed. And, and now I wait.

Everything is in place, including a very simple, but decadent dessert. I whipped up a Brownie Cherry Cheesecake last night and it is sitting prominently in the kitchen...tempting me. I want to sink into the richness of the cheesecake and the sweetness of the brownie. I want to taste the burst of tart from a cherry on each bite. But for now, I wait because company is coming.


Brownie Cherry Cheesecake

Brownie Layer:
1 brownie mix (for 8x8 inch pan)
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup water
1 egg
(or whatever ingredients are stated on the package)

Cheesecake Layer:
2 eggs
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
2 packages cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla

2 cans cherry pie filling

Prepare brownie mix as directed on package.
Spread batter in a 10" or 12" round spring form pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, beat eggs, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
When brownie layer is baked, immediately pour cheesecake filling on top.
Spread carefully to edges of brownie.
Bake 30-40 minutes more, or until cheesecake is set and firm.
Cool for 2 hours.
Top with cherry pie filling.
(Flavor is best served at room temperature, but should be stored in refrigerator.) (Serves 12)

6 comments:

  1. OMG SOOOOO YUMMY!!
    I lived in Custer, SD in a teeny tiny cabin that was never completely spotless....but close!!! hahaaa!!! So I understand exactly what you mean!

    wonderful recipe and the picture is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does does look goood! I'm impressed that you're able to hold off from cutting into that bad boy!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing the recipe. :) Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your company is very lucky. Where do I sign up?! :) You made me realize that I haven't had brownies in ages, very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! 100-year-old house...sounds wonderful! This is my first visit--do you have your house filled with antiques? That would be my dream.
    I made Petite Cheesecakes today for a fun luncheon with friends celebrating a birthday! The recipe is posted on last week's Food Friday. Come and visit back sometime:) Gotta go post a recipe while it's still Friday:)
    Blessings,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stumbled across this post on foodgawker when searching for a dessert to make for Easter. We ate this yesterday and everyone told me it was definitely a keeper! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails