Saturday, July 26, 2008

Eat Dessert First

I can't keep up.

Life comes at me fast and furious and despite detailed to-do lists, and working my butt off to meet my responsibilities, there is always something left to be done. There is always someone or something demanding my attention...and in case I didn't catch it the first time, they want it all done NOW.

I can't keep up.

That's why I have decided that it is time for me to Eat Dessert First. It isn't a matter of prioritizing. It's a matter of perspective. I need something good in order to deal with everything else. I need the little bit of joy to fortify me. I need Breakfast Blueberries to fill my tummy with sweet goodness and put my mind in the right frame of mind for the rest of the day.

Of course, this mixture of blueberries and Grape-Nuts cereal isn't really a dessert, but it is as sweet and tempting as any proper dessert might be. If you were to top it with whipped cream and save if for the sweet ending of a meal, I doubt that anyone would question its breakfast cereal beginnings.

But, as for me, I am going to indulge NOW. I need to Eat Dessert First. I need Breakfast Blueberries On My Plate.

Breakfast Blueberries

2/3 cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/3 cup Grape-Nuts cereal

Place blueberries in a microwavable bowl or ramekin and heat on high for about 45-60 seconds.
Add maple syrup and Grape-Nuts. Stir to combine.
Heat in microwave 15-20 seconds more to warm cereal and syrup. (Serves 1 very happy breakfast or dessert eater.)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails