Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What a Dip!

What a dip I am. I start a new promotion for the blog in order to keep myself motivated and STILL, the blog is neglected. I was busy...out of town...not feeling well...working...too happy with sunshine to come indoors...buried in chores and everyday life...just give me a minute...I know I can come up with another excuse. Really. Excuses are easy for dips like me.

But, there is no excuse necessary for some dips. Roasted Garlic Dip is so rich, so cheesy, so deliciously wonderful that you might even forgive me for being such an unorganized, blog-neglecting dip. Seriously. I am a dip who loves Roasted Garlic Dip On My Plate.



1 head garlic
16 ounces cream cheese
2 cups shredded Asiago cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup fresh, chopped parsley
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 400°F.
Cut a half inch off top of head of garlic. 
Place garlic in a small baking dish. Drizzle top with olive oil.
Cover dish with aluminum foil and roast for 40 minutes to 1 hour. 
Allow to cool slightly. 
To "harvest" the roasted garlic, squeeze the cloves from the husk.
(You may want to roast a couple of heads of garlic, as this is so sweet and wonderful that you will eat the cloves straight from the skin before they ever can dream of becoming part of the dip.)
Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. 
With a food processor or electric mixer, blend cream cheese, Asiago cheese, heavy cream, sour cream and parsley until well-blended.
Add garlic and blend again.
Spread mixture in a greased casserole or baking dish and top with shredded mozzarella. 
Bake 20 minutes until bubbly and golden brown on top. (Serves 8-12, depending on appetites)

10 comments:

  1. Yum Yum! I cant' believe how easy it is to make this dip but taste so yummy! I agree.. What a dip! If you wont mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your post. Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post so it will appear in the Foodista pages and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you make everything ahead of time, refrigerate and then bake? I'd like to make it Tuesday night but not bake it until Thursday afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made this the day before and baked just before an event. It might take a bit longer for baking time if the ingredients are all chilled. Hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. Making this today for a party tomorrow evening. Going to bake it right before we leave. Can't wait!! Looks fabulous and the garlic is roasting in the oven right now. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think you can freeze,defrost then bake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly couldn't tell you. I am not a fan of make-ahead and freezing and don't do it. Would the dip possibly separate from the extreme temperature changes? I can't say. If you try it, please let me know how it works. Good luck.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails