Friday, January 29, 2010

Hand Over The Chocolate and Nobody Will Get Hurt

It has been one of those weeks. My sweet tooth is out of control. Even though I am not a baker, I have made pans of brownies, a white cake with homemade bittersweet chocolate glaze, and a Blueberry Crumb Cake. I also ate an entire box of frozen Twinkies and my weight in Lindt Lindor Truffles. If it is tooth-achingly sweet, gooey, and not at all good for me, I am all over it. My cravings are deadly.

I think it is time to pull out the pure, chocolaty goodness of Super Simple Chocolate Fondue. I deceive myself that it isn't as bad as the sugary cakes and other sweets because I will dip fruit into this pot of rich, dark heaven. Fruit is good for me, right? Luscious strawberries, hunks of juicy pineapple, bananas, and even citrusy orange segments are yummy chocolate fondue dippers. When I give up the charade of pretending it is a healthy snack, I will dunk cubes of pound cake, graham crackers, and puffy marshmallows. Pretzels are best for when my taste buds are demanding both sweet and savory.

Yep, it is one of those weeks when I just want someone to Hand Over the Chocolate, and Nobody Will Get Hurt. Super Simple Chocolate Fondue On My Plate is a luxury that makes it all seem better.


Super Simple Chocolate Fondue

1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 tablespoon corn syrup

Gently heat whipping cream over medium heat.
When heated through, but not yet boiling, add the chocolate.

Stir well to melt and combine the chocolate.

Add the corn syrup and again, stir well.

Transfer to fondue pot to keep warm and enjoy with dippers. (Serves 8.)

1 comment:

  1. nothing better than a melted pot of chocolate - I firmly believe the fresh fruit cancels out the damage of the chocolate! :-)
    Welcome back to blogging - I have certainly missed your recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails