Friday, July 06, 2007

I am NOT the Colonel

Nobody will ever mistake my kitchen for KFC. Fried chicken just doesn't materialize here. Quite honestly, I don't really care for it. This has been a bone of contention with Hubby's family. They are fried chicken junkies. I think that if there would have been a vote before the wedding, I would have been voted out. Their love of fried chicken is that strong, and my indifference matches it.

However, July 6th is National Fried Chicken Day. I do like chicken, and there are ways to prepare it that don't involve skin and bones and vats of hot grease. Pesto Fried Chicken is super. The crispy coating is loaded with the flavor of the pesto, and the corn flakes provide a satisfying crunch that isn't loaded with animal fat. Dare I say it? Pesto Fried Chicken On My Plate is finger licking good. :~)

Pesto Fried Chicken

1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons purchased pesto sauce
¼ cup cornflake crumbs

Preheat oven to 375ยบ.
Brush pesto over chicken breast fillets, coating both sides.
Coat with Corn Flake crumbs.
Bake on non-stick cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. (Serves 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails