Saturday, June 30, 2007

Are You Being Served?

Are you being served breakfast? The only time that I usually manage a real, true breakfast is when I am out of town. Eggs Benedict with a Bloody Mary, stacks of fluffy pancakes with warm syrup, and creamy eggs whipped into omelets with ribbons of cheese, veggies, and ham are only morning dreams for me on a normal day. Hubby and I might pull one of these meals onto our plates for a lazy evening dinner, but with our hectic schedules, we just don't have time or energy for much of a morning breakfast.

I feel cheated. I want breakfast. I am considering hosting a breakfast/brunch party some late Sunday morning. Do you think my friends will want to come out for waffles, muffins, egg casseroles, bacon, and mimosas? Can the lure of good morning food rouse their weary bodies for a daylight party? Would they want a stack of blueberry pancakes on their plate?


Blueberry Buttermilk Oatmeal Pancakes

5/8 cup old-fashioned oatmeal (not instant)
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg, beaten
½ cup flour
½ tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 cup butter, melted
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Mix oatmeal and buttermilk.
Add eggs.
Combine dry ingredients separately.
Add to the oatmeal mixture.
Stir in the butter.
Add blueberries to each pancake after pouring the batter on the griddle.
Cook on hot greased griddle until bubbles show through.
Flip and cook on other side until golden brown. (6 pancakes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails