Saturday, February 12, 2011

Shot Through the Heart

I made cookies.
My husband really likes cookies.
I don't like to bake cookies...however, baking these (possibly heart-healthy with oatmeal, and absolutely YUMMY with tart dried cherries and rich chocolate) cookies wasn't so bad.
I am not sure why.
Maybe, I was shot through the heart by Cupid.

Happy Valentine's Day!


(adapted from Cooking Light)

1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups old-fashions rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup dried cherries
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I eyeballed this, and probably poured about 3/4 cup out of my bag of chips.)


Preheat oven to 350.
Combine flours, oatmeal, baking soda, and salt in mixing bowl; stir.
Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
Remove from heat; add brown sugar, stirring until smooth.
Add sugar mixture to flour mixture, beating with mixer at medium speed until well blended.
Add cherries, vanilla, and egg.
Beat until combined.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Spray baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment. (I heart parchment; clean up is sooooooo easy...just toss.)
Using a small cookie scoop (REALLY. I am not a gadget person, but cookie scoops make a world of difference in the ease of baking cookies), drop 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
Cool on pan 3 minutes, or until almost firm.
Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks. (30 cookies)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails