Saturday, August 28, 2010

Muffin Top

I tried on my jeans today for the first time in a couple of months. I have been enjoying the summer in shorts, capris, skirts, and sundresses. Jeans have not been a part of my wardrobe. Maybe, they should have been. Maybe, I should have forced my thighs into the unforgiving denim a few times just as a means of checks and balances. I really wasn't happy as I sucked in my flab to zip up my favorite pair of jeans and revealed a blubbery muffin top. Gross.

The only muffin top that I want is on a real muffin, like a Spiced Zucchini and Walnut Muffin. Fragrant with cinnamon, dense with shredded zucchini, packed with the crunch of walnuts, these muffins are anything but gross. But, if I want to fit back into my jeans, I might have to pass on the Spiced Zucchini and Walnut Muffins On My Plate for awhile.



3 eggs, well beaten
1 cup Canola oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups grated zucchini (peel if you must, but I don't)
3 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 325.
Mix first 5 ingredients.
Sift together rest of ingredients.
Add to the first mixture.
Coat 24 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. (I use an ice cream scoop.)
Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until top springs back with light touch and pick comes out clean.  (24 muffins) 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my...I'm feeling you! I can't even say the bottom line number of pounds I've gained since I started blogging. Let's just say I used to be a zero/two and now I need a one in front of those. :( BUT I've never been happier...except in the morning when I have to put on mu clothes and see the size. After that I'm okay. :) If you're not gonna eat that muffin pass it to me! :)
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails