Saturday, December 24, 2011

I hope...

I hope you are enjoying the beauty and wonder of this holiday season.

I hope you have shared love, kindness, and goodness with those around you.

I hope you have found peace and comfort and joy in the celebrations.

I hope you are warm, fed, and safe.

I hope you are happy and thankful.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah, a Festive Kwanza, a Blessed New Year, (and relish any and all other reasons you may honor).

I hope you aren't looking for one more treat at the last minute, but if you are, Lemon Drop Fudge is really simple and a bright, citrusy note among the caramel and chocolate treats.

(adapted from Taste of Home)

1/2 cup butter
1 package (4.3 ounces) cook-and-serve lemon pudding
1/2 cup cold milk (I used 1/4 cup 1% milk and 1/4 cup heavy cream.)
4 cups powdered sugar
1-2 teaspoons lemon extract
1 small bag lemon drop candies

Line a 9-inch square pan with foil.
Grease the foil with butter (additional to the amount above), or use Pam.
Crush the lemon drop candies. You want larger shards of the hard candy, not powdery dust.
In a large heavy saucepan, combine the pudding mix, milk, and butter.
Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. (This takes a little while and requires frequent stirring to avoid lumps. Be sure mixture is thickened and not just melted together.)
Remove from the heat and beat in powdered sugar and extract. 
Pour into prepared pan.
Top with crushed hard candies, pressing candies into the fudge.
Refrigerate until set.
Cut into 1-inch squares to serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails