Thursday, December 09, 2010

Revisions

I have been considering a revision of this blog. I think that the format could use some polishing. Perhaps a 3-column design that doesn't require scrolling to China to see the end of the recipe index? We will have to see. I have spent a little time browsing templates, but nothing has jumped at me...yet. I think that a revision for On My Plate might be a good project for the new year. 

Other revisions in my life include reworking breakfast. Broiled Grapefruit has been around f.o.r.e.v.e.r. Sliced in half, sprinkled with brown sugar, broiled until browned and juicy, and even garnished with a maraschino cherry, this warm, citrus delight is a classic. The problem for me is getting the darn fruit out of the rind. I know the serrated edges of grapefruit spoons are supposed to easily scoop the juicy bits out and into my hungry mouth, but it isn't so easy for a klutz like me. And the rind gets HOT under the broiler. *ouch*

Enter Warm Citrus Fruit with Brown Sugar. It takes a little more prep and dirties a ramekin, but in my book, the enjoyment of easily appreciating the decadence of the bursting flavors of the heated fruit makes up for the extra work. No revision necessary for Warm Citrus Fruit with Brown Sugar On My Plate.


2 medium red grapefruits, peeled and sectioned
2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
1 cup fresh pineapple, chunked
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened

Preheat broiler.
In a medium bowl, combine fruit.
Transfer to 4 oven-safe ramekins.
Combine softened butter with brown sugar; sprinkle on fruit.
Broil 5 to 6 minutes until sugar is melted and bubbly. (Serves 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails