Friday, October 17, 2014

Where's the Beef?

Where's the beef?

Saturday, October 18th, at 11am, the beef is going to be at the Sioux Falls Convention Center and the Etc. Expo for Her. With the South Dakota Cattlemen's Auxiliary, I will be presenting Spinach Meatballs in a food demonstration.

We will discuss some of the important nutritional benefits of beef and cover the nuances of creating a perfect meatball. (Here's a hint: we will be using ground beef.)

Currently, I am still nervous, that zit I told you about in my last blog post now has an ugly step-sister, and as I was packing up my gear for the demo, my husband asked that I not take my good knife with me just in case I panicked and ran away in the middle of my presentation. (He was kidding. I hope.)

Tomorrow is the day, but just in case you can't make it, here are the meatballs I will be sharing. I do have complete confidence in  the fact that they are absolutely delicious.



1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound ground beef
1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
3/4 teaspoon dry basil
1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 350F.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and saute until tender.
Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine ground beef, spinach, egg, breadcrumbs, and seasonings.
Mix all ingredients gently and form into small (walnut-sized) meatballs.
Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails