I decided not to limit this Top 10 to just 2011. Blogs are fickle, and people don't always discover things as they are posted. Perhaps you see a recipe now, but don't have any demand or desire to try it until a year from now when Aunt Brenda is coming to dinner and you *just know* that she would love Chiffonade of Brussels Sprouts. Or, maybe you haven't been a follower of the blog at all, but a photo grabbed your attention on Pinterest. (BTW...thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone that pins the blog on Pinterest. It is an incredible venue for sharing ideas.)
I also decided to base this list on hits/visits and not on comments. On My Plate doesn't generate a lot of comments (except from a pretty persistent spammer/troll that hasn't realized that his/her time is wasted because I have this handy little delete button *eyeroll*). I am just as guilty as everyone else about not commenting, though. I read other blogs and click along without commenting on the posts. I am trying to change that, and at least make an effort to go back and comment if I have tried a recipe or have been moved by the writing. Bloggers do love comments; it is verification that we aren't always talking to ourselves. :-) AND...here's a little tip: if you like awesome things, I suggest you think about commenting sometime in the very near future...I do finally have something ready for that giveaway I have been promising f.o.r.e.v.e.r. Really. I promise. It will be worth it.
And so...without further ado...
the Top 10 Most Popular Posts On My Plate:
1. Happy Birthday to Me! -- Chicken Enchilada Dip
2. Go With the Flo -- Florentine Rolls
3. What a Dip! -- Roasted Garlic Dip
4. Light Reading and Heavy Snacking -- Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
5. Steak/Stake Out -- Rosemary and Garlic Flat Iron Steak
6. Sunday Brunch -- Asparagus Popover
7. Happy New Year! -- Samurai Soup
8. Fridge Friday, Episode 5 -- Candied Jalapenos
9. Gooey, Pumpkin, Butter Cake -- Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cake
10. Not Fair -- Deep Fried Green Beans
How many of these have you tried? Are your favorites among the list of most popular posts On My Plate? What would make your Top 10?