Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Top 10

It is that time of year. Top 10 time. Across the web you can find lists of the top books, movies, electronics, people, events, and anything you ever wanted (or didn't want) to know about. I am going to join by sharing the Top 10 Most Popular Posts On My Plate.

I decided not to limit this Top 10 to just 2011. Blogs are fickle, and people don't always discover things as they are posted. Perhaps you see a recipe now, but don't have any demand or desire to try it until a year from now when Aunt Brenda is coming to dinner and you *just know* that she would love Chiffonade of Brussels Sprouts. Or, maybe you haven't been a follower of the blog at all, but a photo grabbed your attention on Pinterest. (BTW...thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone that pins the blog on Pinterest. It is an incredible venue for sharing ideas.)

I also decided to base this list on hits/visits and not on comments. On My Plate doesn't generate a lot of comments (except from a pretty persistent spammer/troll that hasn't realized that his/her time is wasted because I have this handy little delete button *eyeroll*). I am just as guilty as everyone else about not commenting, though. I read other blogs and click along without commenting on the posts. I am trying to change that, and at least make an effort to go back and comment if I have tried a recipe or have been moved by the writing. Bloggers do love comments; it is verification that we aren't always talking to ourselves. :-) AND...here's a little tip: if you like awesome things, I suggest you think about commenting sometime in the very near future...I do finally have something ready for that giveaway I have been promising f.o.r.e.v.e.r. Really. I promise. It will be worth it.

And so...without further ado...

the Top 10 Most Popular Posts On My Plate:

1.  Happy Birthday to Me! -- Chicken Enchilada Dip


2.  Go With the Flo -- Florentine Rolls


3.  What a Dip! -- Roasted Garlic Dip


4.  Light Reading and Heavy Snacking -- Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats


5.  Steak/Stake Out -- Rosemary and Garlic Flat Iron Steak 


6.  Sunday Brunch -- Asparagus Popover


7.  Happy New Year! -- Samurai Soup


8.  Fridge Friday, Episode 5 -- Candied Jalapenos


9.  Gooey, Pumpkin, Butter Cake -- Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cake


10.  Not Fair -- Deep Fried Green Beans


How many of these have you tried? Are your favorites among the list of most popular posts On My Plate? What would make your Top 10?

1 comment:

  1. The Candied Jalanpenoes are definitely a favorite in our house and extended family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails