Saturday, November 08, 2008

I Apologize

I have been neglecting this blog. I apologize. It isn't that I haven't thought about it, I just didn't know what to write. My initial posts to this online record of my menus and life were cutesy with precious little references to events in my life and cheesy comments.

Let's face it. I may be cheesy, but I am not cutesy or precious. Nothing about my life is cutesy or precious. It became harder and harder to write in that style and not feel embarrassed about it, if I could even muster up something to say at all. It was an act that wasn't real to me.

I apologize. I need to be real. I need to be who I am, even on those days that I have no clue at all who that may be. I do know that I am sometimes odd, sometimes cool, sometimes fun, sometimes moody, sometimes intelligent, and sometimes dumb as a box of rocks. In short, I am human, just like you...with my own dash of sass. Cutesy just isn't it.

However, never fear. My passion for food has not left me. If anything, it has been renewed. I am still a half-hazard cook who will one day insist on the best ingredients available and the next day warm up a can of Spaghetti O's. But, I think that my strength in the kitchen is that regardless of what I am cooking, I like it. I like the feel of knife in my hand, the sound of the sizzle, the aromas, the calmness that it brings to me to stir a simmering pot. I like food. All food has its place in my random life.

From this point forward, I will try to post more frequently and leave the cuteness behind. I will provide that little glimpse into what is On My Plate and in my life and be real about it. Several events have occurred since my last post, and I need to report on my now...don't fall over...FINISHED KITCHEN. Yes. It is done. I have a kitchen floor, and everything is in its place once again. It isn't a construction zone; it is home, and I love it.

I do apologize for my absence and hope that you do stay tuned to see what is On My Plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails